Super Smash Bros. Duel is a game that I, RoyboyX, am making along with Spiderkid from scratch.mit.edu. I am adding lots of new characters, even removing some. The game has about 65 characters in it (& a lot of Expansion characters) about 30 are starters & 29 are waiting for you to be unlocked. It will probably be out in the spring or later, hopefully spring. You will see a lot of characters that didn't make it into Brawl (such as Krystal, I'm gonna smack Sakurai for that) & a lot of Assist Trophies, stages, songs, trophies, stickers, items, etc. There's even a new feature to the game: add-ons! By typing a code when a certain character costume is selected you can add accessories & stuff! (i.e. the Metroid hatchling from Super Metroid, Kirby's Beam hat & Prince Tricky.)
A website similar to the Smash Bros. DOJO is under construction & will be on the net soon.
A very unfortunate decision has been made. This game cannot be made, because Scratch cannot save progress (unless you use passwords, I think). But I will definately put up a new Wiki which will suggest the ideas for the next Smash Bros. (& hopefully they'll be used). I will also definately play everyone else's games.
The game will now continue development & will have less characters (65 has been reduced to 27)
The game is being shifted over to Game Maker, that way we can add more characters for you & you can save. Don't worry, it won't take long, we didn't even get as far in the Scratch version. So things are changing.
We're having problems with Game Maker. We are still working to produce the game, but we need more time.
We found a character select screen that we may use. Thus, some characters may be scrapped. We hope you understand.
We will not be using that character select screen now.
Now, due to problems with Game Maker, we're going back to Scratch. Some stages we wanted will not be in, but some will. The characters will remain unchanged. You just can't unlock anything, that's all.
I have made a character select with sprites, only a few edits have been made, & now we're going to make the game using Blender. It will appear on Scratch still, & possibly Yoyo Games. We could make it in 3-D, but another game we're making, Scar Fire, is the only one we're sure of (that we can make in 3-D)
Duel is now on hiatus so we can work on Scar Fire. It has not been cancelled, we're just doing Scar Fire.
These are the characters in Duel.
- Mario (Mario)
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
- Link (The Legend of Zelda)
- Samus/ZSS (Metroid)
- Kirby (Kirby)
- Fox (Star Fox)
- Pikachu (Pokemon)
- Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Peach (Mario)
- Yoshi (Super Mario World)
- Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
- Ness (EarthBound)
- Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
- Sonic (Sonic)
- Olimar (Pikmin)
- Marth (Fire Emblem, Monsho no Nazo & Shadow Dragon)
- Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)
- Luigi (Mario)
- Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejo)
- NiGHTS (NiGHTS into Dreams...)
- Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
- Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
- Ryn (Scar Fire)
- Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals)
- Lyndis (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken)
- Lucario (Pokemon)
- Krystal (Star Fox Adventures)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Mewtwo (Pokemon)
- Jigglypuff (Pokemon)
- Midna (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
- Kraid (Metroid)
- Isaac (Golden Sun)
- Naruto (Naruto)
- Sasuke (if that's how you spell his/her name, I'm not a big Naruto fan) (Naruto)
- Parvana (The Breadwinner)
- Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
- Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
- Megaman (Megaman)
The character select is still based on Melee because it's easier.
Whew! OK, now for the stages (sorry if that bored you to death) We have New stages, Brawl stages & Melee stages. Yes we have 64 stages, but we'll discuss that later...
This is basically a remake of Melee [the game] so only the Melee stages & the 64 stages. Sorry. Some stages have extra music.
Now that the game is shifted the Game Maker, there can be more stages. New music or music changes (like if the song was cut or moved) are listed.
The stages will have to be shortened because of the lack of sprites on Spriters Resource & other reasons...
- Ice Climber (where Ice Climber takes place. Topis (yeti form), Polar Bears & that other enemy are obstacles)
- Flipside Tower* (Takes place aboard the tower. Occasionally it will flip around, you must jump in the air to avoid falling. You can stand on the elevator, but must get up before it kills you. In the background it shows scenes from Super Paper Mario: 1-1, 2-2, 3-2, 4-2, 5-2, 6-1 & 7-2.)
- Comet Observatory* (Takes place on the part where you start the game (Galaxy). The observatory will go to the Good Egg, Gold Leaf & the last galaxy in the Garden.)
- Maridia (Looks like Brinstar, water rises up & down & while it doesn't damage you, it can drown you after a while. The top most platform is the best choice to go because the platforms to the left & right can be swallowed up. Draygon will occasionally appear from the sides, trying to grab you with his mucus. If he grabs you, he will take you offscreen)
- Battlefield (SSB version)
- Final Destination (Melee version)
- Greenhouse (the first level of Donkey Kong 3. Harmful spores appear & so does the 8 bit DK)
- Tetris (functions exactly like a Tetris game. You stand on a Tetris block, then after a few seconds it starts to fade & another one shows up)
- ThornTail Hollow* (haven't decided the mechanics, but it could involve the giant that warps you to different places in the background, who warps you to those areas. t could also have SharpClaw warriors come from the sides & those bat/bird thingies too)
- Aqua Garden* (it moves, like the F-Zero stages & Rainbow Road, but doesn't stop. You can collect the Blue Chips & fly through the rings & you must jump over the cages or be taken with them. You can pick up the keys to break the cages)
- Wii Menu (you stand in the channel spaces & sometimes the Wii Menu will go to the next page, you must go or die)
- Excietbike Track (like the Mushroomy Kingdom, with Excitebike Riders racing among the tracks. The icons that cooled down your bike in the original Excitebike restores your damage here)
- Phendrana Drifts (the music here affects how much snow will be falling, like Shadow Moses Island. There are also blizzards that can freeze the stage & huge blizzards that can cover the screen. There is no acid/lava here, but freezing water)
- Hyrule Dungeon (A smaller version of Melee's Underground Maze level, situated above the water. Octoroks can jump onto the stage to
- SR388 (a rocky stage. Samus' Gunship can fly in & create a platform you can go on. There is lava, but it will not rise or lower, unlike the previous Metroid stages. Music tracks: SR388 & SR388 Cave Theme)
- Sootopolis City (my brother is currently addicted to Ruby so I'm putting this stage in. It's as big as New Pork City, but wider. Music*: Sootopolis City, Flood, Cave of Origin, Mt. Chimney, Waterfall Colisseum (Battle Revolution), Semifinal Battle (Pokemon Colisseum) & Lake of Rage (Gold/Silver).
- Most songs are from Ruby/Sapphire; only the ones not from that game tell you where they're from.
- Mushroomy Kingdom (the sidescrolling level from Brawl returns with Worlds 2-2 & 2-4 added.
Melee, Brawl & Classic stages will be confirmed later.
Stages in Bold are in Dumb only.
The Subspace Emissary 2: Tabuu's Revenge
The story was supposed to be huge, but due to the reduction in characters, we have to change the plot. Originally it was to be split into a seperate game, but then I decided to keep it in, reduced to a minimum.
In the File Select, there is an option to make your icon one of your trophies.
There are three self destruct countdowns in the Adventure mode. First, Takamaru must jump up a mechanical shaft, which mimics Ceres Station of Super Metroid fame. Then, he, Pikachu, the Ice Climbers & Samus must race to their gunship in Norfair before it explodes. Finally, after defeating Tabuu, Subspace will begin to crumble, & you have to escape through various rooms to find Samus' Gunship, Fox's Arwing & Olimar's Hoctate Ship.
You're Mario with Luigi on your side, & Peach/Rosalina joins you after Bowser's defeat.
- World 1-1
- World 1-2
- World 2-2
- World 2-4
- Boss: Bowser
The four will then journey to Subcon, where they'll face King Wart.
- Boss: King Wart
Fight two Donkey Kongs as K. K. Rool.
- Boss: Very Gnawty
As Link, with Midna on your side, you must get through the dungeons of Hyrule until you get to the Triforce. Zelda joins you after Ganondorf's defeat.
- Boss: Ganondorf
Samus is the player's character with Ryn on her side, as she explores her home planet. After Mother Brain's demise you have to escape up a shaft.
- Miniboss: Kraid
- Miniboss: Ridley
- Miniboss: Draygon
- Boss: Mother Brain
Kirby journeys through his home, inhaling everything in his path.
- Vegetable Valley
- Ice Cream Island
- Grape Garden
- Butter Building
- Boss: King Dedede
Fox & Krystal are piloting Corneria when Andross & General Scales invade. You must fight both. Also, Arwings will be shooting from the background.
- Boss: Andross, General Scales
F-Zero Grand Prix:
Captain Falcon is competing in a race, when Samurai Goroh invades & destroys the Blue Falcon. Temporarily, he must run from Goroh & the rest of the cars, & then fight him.
- Boss: Samurai Goroh
Ness explores the places & fights evil versions of him, & Jeff, Paula & Poo. Then he reaches the source of the evil clones: Giygas.
- Miniboss: 3 evil Ness'
- Miniboss: 3 evil Paulas
- Miniboss: 3 evil Jeffs
- Miniboss: 3 evil Poos
- Boss: Giygas
Lyndis & Roy (not me) are exploring the area when bandits ambush them. Marth/Eirika come to their rescue, & after a tough battle, they team up & begin to travel across Elibe.
- Boss: Lundgren
The Eggplant Wizards, Komayto & Sirens try to prevent Pit from entering Skyworld.
- Temple of Light
- Medusa's Lair
- Boss: Medusa
Collecting his eggs, Yoshi comes across a false copy of himself. He defeats it & continues on, then encounters Kamek, whom he defeats.
- Boss: Kamek
Green Hill Zone:
Dr. Eggman ambushes the scene, & Sonic has to fight.
- Boss: Dr. Eggman
Mewtwo attacks the stadium during a match, & Pikachu, Jigglypuff & Lucario fight.
- Miniboss: Mewtwo
NiGHTS sees Reala & Jackle flying off somewhere, &, suspecting they're up to no good, pursues them.
- Aqua Garden
- Crystal Castle
- Memory Forest
- Miniboss: Reala
- Miniboss: Jackle
- Boss: Wizeman
Isaac, while studying Psynergy, gets attacked b
There are many minigames in Duel. Among them are:
- Event 1: Mushroom Rush - Mario must race to end of World 2-4 & defeat Bowser, to save Peach.
- Event 2: Another Triforce Gathering – As Link, with Zelda as a teammate, defeat Dark Link (alt. costume of Link) on Temple.
- Event 3: The Monster Lurks – As Marth, protect Zelda from Draygon’s mucus, by trapping the two Ridleys. The Ridleys will not attack you or Zelda; Draygon is the threat. But the Ridleys are your opponent.
- Event 4: The Fire Burning – Choose your character & go against Mario & Zelda (on Norfair), who will only use their fire moves (Mario’s Standard B & Zelda’s side B) & the only items you can use are: Fire Flowers & Poke Balls which can only summon fire Pokemon.
- Event 5: Legendary Pokemon – As Mewtwo, you must kill Lucario as much as possible before time runs out. You can consider this Mewtwo’s revenge on Lucario for replacing him in Brawl. On Spear Pillar.
- Event 6: Cold Hands, Cold Heart – You are the Ice Climbers on Summit, use Ice Flowers, Freezies & Poke Balls (which only summon Articuno) against Samus, who, when using her standard B, will always use her Ice Beam. You also have the Condor & Bonechill to fight against. In this event, “Bonechill Appears” plays.
- Event 7: Fire Emblem Pride – Fight Roy & Marth on Temple (as whoever you choose)
- Event 8: Princess Power – As Peach with Zelda on your team, defeat Bowser & Ganondorf (minibosses).
- Event 9: Dark Link Duel – Title says it all.
- Event 10: Assault – Mewtwo & Ridley have attacked the Comet Observatory. As Rosalina, you have Krystal on your team. Luckily she’s called some Arwings to attack. This is the only time where the Arwings fight on the Comet Observatory.
- Event 11: Reala & Jackle Battle – As NiGHTS on Aqua Garden, fight Reala & Jackle.
- Event 12: SA-X battle – As Samus (in her Fusion Suit) you must battle another Samus in her Varia Suit.
- Event 13: Dream Protector – Reala (NiGHTS in her Reala outfit) is attacking Ness, affected by the Elixir. As NiGHTS, you must protect him at all costs.
- Event 14: Sleeping Beauty – On Comet Observatory, Samus is asleep, because of a Sleeping Elixir put on her by Ridley. Mario is on your team & tries to attack Ridley, but as Ryn you must beat him first. It’s a Failure if Mario kills Ridley or you die. Mario will not respawn if he dies.
- Event 15: Dark Samus battle – As Samus, fight Dark Samus.
- Event 16: Puppet Zelda battle - As Link fight Puppet Zelda.
- Event 17: Dinosaur Planet – A pun on a Nintendo game that never was. It’s simple. On Yoshi’s Island (Melee), as Krystal, beat 50 Yoshis.
- Event 18: Arwing Attack! – You get to control Fox using his Final Smash. Why? General Scales (boss) has Krystal (affected by Elixir, this is on Corneria) & you must beat him. You are assisted by the Arwings in the background (piloted by Falco, Slippy & Peppy)
- Event 19: Girl Power – Same as Melee.
- Event 20: Final Destination Match – As whoever, fight Master Hand & Crazy Hand on Final Destination.
- Event 21: The Showdown – Bowser (miniboss), Reala (NiGHTS costume) Ganondorf (miniboss), Dark Samus (Samus costume), Kraid, Ridley & Mewtwo unite! You fight them.
- Event 22: Classic Showdown – As whoever, defeat everyone who hails from an old game (Pit, Ice Climbers, Takamaru, Ness, etc.) on Mario Bros.
- Event 23: Bonechill Appears – As Mario (with Peach & Luigi on your side), take on Bonechill. Equip the falling icicles from the ceiling & chuck them at his head or pick up the ice bullets that come from his cannon. Chuck them at his head until all the little blue particles in his head disappear. Watch out for his ice breath, which will freeze you. In this battle (on Skyworld), the song “Bonechill Appears” plays.
- Event 24: Shadow Queen battle – As Mario you must defeat Peach in her Shadow Queen costume. Takes place on Flipside Tower.
- Event 25: Space Pirate battle - You're Samus, & there are Space Pirates coming out of a Party Ball. Kill all the Space Pirates & make sure they don't kill Ryn. This is a reference to Scar Fire, because during the raid of K-2L Ryn was kidnapped by the pirates & kept until he was 23.
- Event 26: Submerged Brinstar Adventure – As Samus, survive Draygon’s attacks (she has three stocks) & her opponents (Ridley & Kraid). In this event, Submerged Torvus Bog/Red Brinstar plays on Maridia.
- Event 27: Metroid battle - Metroids have come out of a Party Ball, & Samus must fight them on the SR388 stage.
- Event 28: Power Suit ON! - same event as Brawl, only the opponents are Space Pirates appearing from Party Balls, & the song Intruder Alarm/Pirate Homeworld plays.
- Event 29: Pokemon Battle – As whoever you want defeat Pikachu, Jigglypuff & Mewtwo.
- Event 30: The Real Showdown – As Mario, with Link, Pikachu & Samus on your side, defeat Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley & Mewtwo.
Depending on what series your character is from, everyone from that series will have the same Target Test. i.e. Mario's Target Test has Mushrooms, coins, etc., & Metroid's Target Test has Metroids holding onto the targets, lava, parts of Old Brinstar (the blue & rocky Brinstar from Metroid), etc.
Multi Man Duel
This is also slightly different. The modes are: 10 Man, 100 Man, 3 Minute, 15 Minute & Cruel Duel. Plus, depending on how the game decides to react, you'll fight either the Polygons from the original Smash Bros., Wire Frames from Melee or the Alloys from Brawl. You'll also fight them on their respective Battlefields.
Board the Platforms
Yeah yeah, don't whine to me saying that this minigame sucks. Just cope with it. In fact ignore it. There's nothing you can unlock from this mode. So you don't even need to do it. In this minigame you just need to land on 10 platforms as fast as possible. OK?
& what of our favorite Home Run Contest? Well, I hate it so I'm ignoring it. Does that clear anything up?
There are currently only five new items decided but a lot of the older ones return. The difference is that the Home Run Bat hails from the EarthBound games.
The game, being a remake of Melee, will now use those items in Melee with some of these.
Thanks to Game Maker, some things are back in.
- Elixir (drinking this puts you to sleep if you don't throw it in five seconds)
- Pal Pills (when picked up, about 8 of your original sprites (if you had any) would appear & take damage for you.)
- Ice Flower (functions exactly like Fire Flowers except it uses ice)
- Blue Shell (goes to the winning opponent & slams into them)
- Triforce Blades (darts shaped like Triforces. If Sheik picks one up, she will replace her needles in her neutral B with these)
- Blooper (will cover you in black ink which slows you down)
- Hi-Jump Boots (your character will wear these & be able to jump higher)
- Duck Hunt
- Urban Champion
- Rouge the Bat
- Dr. Wright
- Knuckle Joe
- Ultimate Chimera
- Hammer Bro.
- DK Jr.
- Kat & Ana
- Chibi Robo
I have not decided the whole music selection but I will once I get very song in my copy of Brawl. Also, I have hidden Totaka's Song in the game.
- There were supposed to be more characters but we had to scrap many. Some examples were Shadow, Daisy, Dixie Kong, Geno, Mallow, Pit, among others
- Some characters have improvements from Brawl, & the stages have some differences i.e. that brain in the background of Brinstar (who, contrary to popular belief, is not Mother Brain) is replaced with Spore Spawn. Also, there's a 50-50 chance Samus will use her Ice, Wave or Plasma Beams when using her Standard B, as well there's a 50-50 chance that she will drop a Power Bomb if she uses her Down B. ZSS' Final Smash now restores her damage too.
- NiGHTS is referred to as a girl in this game.
- There are only a few non video game related content in this game. Naruto, Sasuke & Parvana are playable characters, Mewtwo's armor from Mewtwo Strikes Back is used during his Final Smash, & Kevin Keene from Captain N: The Gamer Master is an Assist Trophy.
- Credit goes to the Spriters Resource for most of the sprites, pixietricks & zircon for the "Maridia (1)" track, because the song is The Kindred, from OC Remix, made for the Get Well bLiND project, ryuji92 for some song & stage ideas, & dadude for the SR388 song.
- This is the first Smash Bros. game where bosses have an objective to defeating them.