The Blue Blur is back, and this time he's got a few new tricks up his sleeve.
Changes from Brawl
- Now a default character
- Can Wall Jump
- "Dark Spine Sonic" from Sonic and the Secret Rings is an alternate costume
- "Dark Sonic" from the Sonic X anime is an alternate costume
- Has a new Down Special Move
- Neutral Special Move:Homing Attack
- Side Special Move:Spin Dash
- Up Special Move:Spring Jump
- Down Special Move:Transform
Description:He transforms into the Werehog.
- Final Smash:Super Sonic
Snake Codec Message
Otacon:"Snake, what is it?"
Snake:"Something about that hedgehog rubs me the wrong way..."
Otacon:"...? Oh, you mean Sonic the Hedgehog? But everyone loves Sonic. He's a big star. Do you have any idea how excited people are that he's in Smash Bros.?"
Snake:"Yeah, I know, but there's something about him I just don't like."
Otacon:"But...why? You must have some kind of reason."
Snake:"...Nope, just don't like him."
Fighting against Sonic the Hedgehog
The best way to stop Sonic is to stay close to him and continually pummel him with attacks. If you let him get into his speed game, you'll have a difficult time stopping him. However, if this does happen, wait patiently for Sonic to get close, then dodge or roll to avoid his attack and immediately dash toward him with a throw to slow him down.
- When Sonic was still being created, his original color was teal. His blue coloring was the result of a painting accident. The creators really liked Sonic better this way so they decided to leave it like that. Lucky us huh?
- The Sonic games were originally designed to emulate what was then an ongoing battle between environmentalists and land developers.