How to Unlock
- Play 260 standard matches
- Using Sonic, clear Classic mode on the Normal difficulty setting or higher with no continues
Note:You must defeat Shadow in a standard match after 1 of the above requirements is met in order to unlock him.
- Get Shadow to join your party in "Tabuu's Revenge:Space-Time Chaos"
Weight Category: Middleweight
- Can Wall Jump
- Air skates used for dashing
- His Sir Lancelot costume from Sonic and the Black Knight is an alternate costume, Although the sword, Arondight, isn't in this game. The armor is just for show and won't alter Shadow's gameplay.
- Neutral Special Move:Homing Attack
- Side Special Move:Spin Dash
- Up Special Move:Spring Jump
- Down Special Move:Shadow Rifle
Description: The Shadow Rifle is a weapon from Shadow the Hedgehog. You unlocked it by completing Last Story. It was powerful enough to take down most enemies with a single shot. It's been toned down for this game, but it still packs a punch. Charge it up by holding the special move button.
- Final Smash:Super Shadow
Description: This isn't a remake of Sonic's "Super Sonic". The flight pattern and controls are a more like those of Yoshi's "Super Dragon". He's still invulnerable and has 3 powerful abilities. Use the normal move button to unleash a Chaos Blast, an explosion in the immediate area. Tap the special move button to perform Chaos Control. Press and hold the special move button to charge and perform Chaos Spear.
Snake Codec Message
Snake:"Oh, great, another hedgehog."
Otacon:"That's Shadow, Snake. Watch out for that one."
Snake:"Shadow, is he a clone of Sonic?"
Otacon:"No... You see, Sonic is only about 15. And while Shadow's exact age is unknown, it's likely he's over 50 years old."
Snake:"50! Isn't he a little old to fight here?"
Otacon:"Well, he was cryogenically frozen for 50 years. Anyway, he has the Shadow Rifle, an extremely powerful weapon. And in his Super Form, he can fire of energy spears and slow down time."
Snake:"I knew there was a reason I hated hedgehogs."
Note:One possible reason Snake dislikes Sonic and Shadow is because, in the natural world, hedgehogs and snakes are enemies.
Fighting against Shadow
Shadow may have better projectile capabilities than Sonic, but deal with him roughly the same way. Stay close to him and continually pummel him.