R.O.B. is ready to vaporize some butt.
Changes from Brawl
- Robo Beam can be actively charged, similar the neutral special moves of the Fire Emblem characters.
- Gyros can be picked up and reused.
How to Unlock
- Play 160 standard matches
- Get 250 different trophies
Note:You must defeat R.O.B. in a standard match after 1 of the above requirements is met in order to unlock him.
- Get R.O.B. to join your party in "Tabuu's Revenge:Space-Time Chaos".
- Neutral Special Move:Robo Beam
- Side Special Move:Arm Rotor
- Up Special Move:Robo Burner
- Down Special Move:Gyro
- Final Smash:Diffusion Beam
Snake Codec Message
Otacon:"So, Snake, you're fighting Robot?"
Snake:"Yeah, it's a robot. Although couldn't they have come up with a better name?"
Otacon:"Actually, in the U.S., they called him 'R.O.B.'. Robot, R.O.B.--take your pick."
Snake:"Fine, R.O.B. it is then."
Otacon:"In North America, R.O.B.'s body was grey, like the NES. But in Japan, he had a white body with red arms, the colors of the Japanese Famicom."
Snake:"You sure know your geeky tech stuff, Otacon."
Otacon:"Well, you know..."
Fighting against R.O.B.
R.O.B. is a typical projectile user. Stay in close and don't let him abuse the Gyro or Robo Beam and he'll have a hard time fighting against you. Don't attack him from above in order to nullify his upward smash attack, and remember that R.O.B. has minimal attack power, so you can take a few hits before you're knocked offstage.