This is the Pokemon Trainer from Brawl. I've renamed him to tell him apart from his unlockable female counterpart, but he's still ready to open a can.
Changes from Brawl
- Besides being renamed, Charizard has 4 aerial jumps instead of just 2.
- Squirtle's Water Gun now does damage.
- Ivysaur regains his Solar Beam from Project M.
- Charizard regains his Flare Blitz from Smash 4
- Down Special Move: Pokemon Change
- Final Smash: Triple Finish
Squirtle's Special Moves
- Neutral Special Move: Water Gun
- Side Special Move: Withdraw
- Up Special Move: Waterfall
Ivysaur's Special Moves
- Neutral Special Move: Solar Beam
- Side Special Move: Razor Leaf
- Up Special Move: Vine Whip
Charizard's Special Moves
- Neutral Special Move: Flamethrower
- Side Special Move: Flare Blitz
- Up Special Move: Sky Attack
Snake Codec Message
Snake:"Pokemon Trainer... That's the guy giving orders behind the Pokemon, right?"
Colonel:"Right, and this Pokemon Trainer is controlling Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. They represent water, grass and fire, and they're all powerful."
Snake:"So he makes his Pokemon fight while he sits back and watches. Sounds like a good deal if you ask me."
Colonel:"It's not like that, Snake. Those Pokemon wouldn't know what to Pokemon Trainer wasn't there giving orders. In every battle, there's a soldier doing the fighting, and a commander telling him what to do. By working together as a team, they accomplish more than either could on their own. So let's do this together, partner."
Snake:"...Yeah... Whatever you say, Colonel."
Fighting against Male Pokemon Trainer
Stay away from Charizard, as he has the highest attack power of the three. Attack it from long range or use aerial attacks and quick standard attacks to prevent Charizard's strongest attacks from hitting you. If Ivysaur is out, stay away from its upward smash, but fight at close range to limit its use of projectiles. If Squirtle is your opponent, fight in close range, since it has very few attacks that can KO you unless you're high in damage.
- Despite being Charizard's strongest move, Rock Smash is one of the weakest moves in the Pokemon games.
- Despite the fact that the suffix "-saur" means "lizard", Ivysaur's body is more like that of a toad.