The most familiar of pokemon, Pikachu is proof that you can't judge a book by it's cute and cuddly cover.
- Neutral Special Move:Thunder Jolt
- Side Special Move:Skull Bash
- Up Special Move:Quick Attack
- Down Special Move:Thunder
- Final Smash:Volt Tackle
Snake Codec Message
Mei Ling:"Ooh! How cuute!"
Snake:"What? The yellow thing?"
Mei Ling:"That's Pikachu. It's a Pokemon. They're popular all over the world, you know. And it may look cute, but be careful. It can store up large amounts of electricity in those adorable little cheeks. It'll try to pepper you with electric shocks."
Snake:"Couldn't be much worse than Ocelot's old torture device..."
Mei Ling:"Oh, and, Snake?"
Mei Ling:"I was wondering, could you maybe try and catch Pikachu for me? Pleeeeease?"
Snake:"Give me a break! What do I look like, Pokemon Trainer?"
Mei Ling:"Fine... Sorry I asked."
Fighting against Pikachu
Stay under a platform whenever you can to prevent Pikachu from using Thunder. If it closes in on you, use throws and standard attacks to fend it off. Pikachu has a very limited throw range, so keep it a little less than one character length away to nullify its throws. Don't use any attacks at close range that could leave you vulnerable to its powerful upward smash attack.
- Pichu from Melee can Wall Jump, and because of this and the fact that this Pikachu can Wall Jump, many fans believe this Pikachu to be the evolved form of the Pichu from Melee. This theory is supported by the fact that Volt Tackle (the attack that Pikachu uses for his final smash) can only be learned in the Pichu stage. However, in the anime, Ash's Pikachu learns Volt Tackle clearly after his Pichu stage. Which just confuses everyone's logic.
- Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Lucario seem to have broken the rules of the Pokemon world by learning 5 moves each, although Thunder Jolt, Puff Up and Aura Storm aren't actual moves in the games.
- Pikachu is the second of two video game characters to have a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade(The first being Sonic).