Fans have longed for Paper Mario to join the Smash World, and he finally has. Before I get started, I would like to point out that the only Paper Mario game I've ever played is Super Paper Mario so I had to use information from the internet.
How to Unlock
- Play 900 standard matches
- Using Luigi, clear Classic mode on the Normal difficulty setting or higher with no continues
Note:You must defeat Paper Mario in a standard match after 1 of the above requirements is met in order to unlock him.
- Get Paper Mario to join your party in "Tabuu's Revenge:Space-Time Chaos"
- Uses the Thoreau pixl from Super Paper Mario to grab.
- Can't be blasted downwards when hit with Meteor Smashes.
- Can Glide using Plane Mode.
- Only character other than Mr. Game & Watch who is 2-dimensional.
- Neutral Special Move:Hammer Throw
Description: Throws hammers in a fashion similar to Hammer Bro.
- Side Special Move:Barry
Description: Uses the Barry pikl from Super Paper Mario to turn into a living buzz saw. Inflicts several hits. Can reflect projectiles.
- Up Special Move:Paper Jump Punch
Description: Similar to Mario's Up Special Move, but if Paper Mario doesn't hit anything, he'll slowly fall to the ground like a paper.
- Down Special Move:Boomer
Description: Uses the Boomer pikl from Super Paper Mario to lay a bomb. Bombs can't be picked up. Only 1 bomb will appear onscreen at a time. Bomb explodes after 3 seconds or when you press the special move button.
- Final Smash:Earth Tremor
Description: A powerful tremor that deals large amounts of damage and has high KO potential.
Snake Codec Message
Snake:"What happened to Mario? He looks like he was flattened by a steam roller."
Colonel:"That's Paper Mario."
Colonel:"Yes, you could say he's a version of Mario from a parallel universe. Be careful, Snake, Paper Mario is tougher than he looks. He can turn into a paper airplane and glide. Also, he can create powerful earthquakes."
Snake:"Huh, I guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover."
Fighting against Paper Mario
You don't want to fight from a distance, Paper Mario's Barry attack can reflect projectiles and his Hammer Throw has great range. You're best tactic is the "Smash-n-Dash", as Paper Mario is relatively slow to react.