Ahhh Luigi. The king of second bananas, the comical poster-boy of Smash Bros. series, has returned. Though he is Mario's bro., many people don't like him. Well, I depends on you. Either you love him or hate him, just, (as said by Snake in Super Smash Bros. Brawl) show him some respect. Okay...
Changes from Brawl
- Can Wall Jump
How to Unlock
- Play 40 standard matches.
- Using Mario, clear Classic mode on the Normal difficulty setting or higher with no continues.
Note:You must defeat Luigi in a standard match after 1 of the above requirements is met in order to unlock him.
- Get Luigi to join your party in "Tabuu's Revenge: Space-Time Chaos". (To do this, find and collect the large Luigi trophy)
- Neutral Special Move:Fireball
- Side Special Move:Green Missile
- Up Special Move:Super Jump Punch
- Down Special Move:Luigi Cyclone
- Final Smash:Negative Zone
Snake Codec Message
Snake:"That guy with the mustache..."
Colonel:"Ha. You mean the 'King of Second Bananas'?"
Snake:"Hey, that's Luigi! Show him a little respect!"
Colonel:"Look at that pale skin. He's been living in his brother's shadow for too long."
Snake:"That's a low blow, Colonel!"
Colonel:"Face it, Snake! Once a kid brother, always a kid brother!"
Snake:"Colonel, what's gotten into you?!"
Colonel:"La li lu le lo! La li lu le lo! La li lu le lo!
Snake:"Colonel, snap out of it! Colonel! Coooooooloneeeeeel!"
Note:I don't think Colonel meant to be disrespect Luigi cause he was obviously having an episode.
Fighting against Luigi
Luigi needs time to set up his primary attacks. He can't simply pull them off. Since many of them leave him extremely vulnerable, patience is the key here. Most Luigi players eventually go for a Super Jump Punch or one of his other attacks that leave im vulnerable. Use standard attacks to slowly increase his damage until opportunity arises to land a finishing blow.