I know a lot of gamers don't really like that Lucario replaced Mewtwo in Brawl, but I still kind of like Lucario. I still like Mewtwo better though.
Changes from Brawl
- Extreme Speed now does damage.
- All Special moves utilize Lucario's "Aura" ability, including his final smash. (That is, they become stronger as Lucario's damage meter rises)
- Aura Storm, his final smash, lasts twice as long.
How to Unlock
- Play 120 standard matches.
- Beat Target Smash on all difficulties in either 1 or 2-player mode.
Note:You must defeat Lucario in a standard match after 1 of the above requirements is met in order to unlock him)
- Get Lucario to join your party in "Tabuu's Revenge:Space-Time Chaos".
- Neutral Special Move:Aura Sphere
- Side Special Move:Force Palm
- Up Special Move:Extreme Speed
- Down Special Move:Double Team
- Final Smash:Aura Storm
Snake Codec Message
Mei Ling:"You're fighting Lucario, aren't you, Snake?"
Snake:"Mei Ling, what's that purple fire coming out of his hands?"
Mei Ling:"That's his 'Aura'"
Mei Ling:"I guess you could call it his life force. Lucario can use his own Aura and turn it into power. Every time Lucario's damage increases, his aura gains strength, making his attacks more powerful. So don't think you've got him beat just because his health is down."
Snake:"The cornered rat will bite the cat... Sounds like trouble."
Mei Ling:"Hey! When did you become so good with proverbs?"
Snake:"You must have rubbed off on me."
Mei Ling:"Well, come back in one piece, and I'll teach you all the Chinese proverbs you can handle."
Note:Is it just me or if Mei Ling flirting with Snake here?
Fighting against Lucario
When you fight against Lucario, yuo should first focus on close-range combat. Lucario is good at close range, but he performs even better from a distance. After you have closed in on Lucario, use throws as your primary form of attack. Lucario can't use Double TTeam against a throw. This will greatly reduce Lucario's defensive ability at close range and will allow you to attack more freely. Keep in mind that Lucario's Aura ability now strengthens all of his special moves, so try to take him out as quickly as possible.