Donkey Kong's arch nemesis is finally getting the recognition he deserves.
How to Unlock
- Play 720 standard matches
- Clear Classic mode at least once with all Kongs
Note:You must defeat King K. Rool in a standard match after 1 of the above requirements is met in order to unlock him.
- Get King K. Rool to join your party in "Tabuu's Revenge:Space-Time Chaos" (to do this, defeat False King K. Rool, King K. Rool appears afterward)
- Faster than Donkey Kong, despite the fact that he's heavier
- Can Crawl
- Neutral Special Move:Crown
Description:This is similar to the Boomerang move Link had in SSB64.
- Side Special Move:Kremling Toss
Description:Similar to King Dedede's Waddle Dee Toss except that King K. Rool throws Kremlings, Kremlings in barrels(some in TNT barrels that explode on contact) and Klaptraps.
- Up Special Move:Super K. Rool Jump
Description:Similar to King Dedede's Super Dedede Jump.
- Down Special Move:Uppercut
- Final Smash:Kremling Army
Description:Similar to King Dedede's Waddle Dee Army but uses Kremlings, Kremlings in barrels(some in TNT barrels that explode on contact) and Klaptraps.
Snake Codec Message
Snake:"What is that? A Godzilla wannabe?"
Colonel:"That's King K. Rool, King of all Kremlings and Donkey Kong's arch nemesis."
Snake:"Well, whoever or whatever he is, he's surprisingly fast."
Colonel:"Yes, and he can summon other Kremlings and throw his crown like a boomerang. In addition, he also has incredible strength."
Snake:"He really lives up to his name, doesn't he?"
Colonel:"Watch yourself, Snake."
Fighting against King K. Rool
If you try and fight K. Rool from a distance, you will allow him full use of his Crown and Kremling Toss attacks. Get in close and keep up a steady barrage of standard attacks. Wait until he's vulnerable, and smash him up.