|Debut||Legend of the Mystical Ninja|
|Console of origin||Super Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Voice actor||Yasunori Matsumoto|
|Smash Bros. appearances||N/A|
Goemon hails from the Mystical Ninja series that takes place in Japan. Goemon lives in Edo Town. Goemon has been known to fight the notorious Peach Flake Gang. Spring Breeze Dancing and Kitty Lilly cause trouble for Goemon and his friends, as they travel through Japan fighting the robotic minions. With the help of Impact, the gigantic robot, he can take care of the major area bosses! Along the way, Goemon and his pals can pick up upgrades and learn new abilities, explore new places and defeat the evil duo of Spring Lily and Dancin Breeze.
- No. of Jumps: 2
- Wall Jump: Yes
- Wall Cling: Yes
- Tether Recovery?: Yes (his Chain Pipe)
- Float?: N
- Crawl?: Yes
- Normal A - Pipe Swing: Goemon swings the pipe around his body. If the button is held after the third hit makes him unleash a flurry of very fast jabs with the pipe.
- Forward Tilt - Edo Kick: Goemon does a back spinning kick with his right leg. It has average damage and knockback.
- Up Tilt - Goemon swings his pipe up in the air.
- Down Tilt - Goemon swings his pipe in-front of him while he is crawling.
- Forward - Goemon does a strong headbutt. This pushes him slightly forward after the move.
- Up - Goemon throws a big heavy bomb into the air. The movement of the bomb is almost always vertical but there is a varying amount of random horizontal movement. The bomb has high base knockback but average knockback scaling though its angles it hits at can sometimes make the opponent not sure where to DI for relatively early kills. Charging the up smash does not increase its power, but it increases the speed in which the bomb is fired, making it go higher. The bomb explodes if it makes contact with a ceiling, an opponent, a wall, or the ground no matter what direction its moving in.
- Down - Goemon stretches his arms out of both sides of his body while holding two smaller bombs. They explode after the move is performed. The down smash has no vertical knockback, making it useful against heavyweights and/or characters with short horizontal recoveries (i.e. Ganondorf or Marth). The player can actually hit with both bombs if the opponent is in the middle.
- Dash Attack - Goemon swings his Yo-Yo forward then backward, this move has very good range.
- Floor Attack (Back) - Goemon swings his Yo-Yo backwards and then forwards.
- Floor Attack (Front) - Goemon swings his Yo-Yo forwards and then backwards.
- Floor Attack (Trip) - Goemon swings his Yo-Yo around himself.
- Edge Attack - Goemon climbs back to the stage and attacks with Yo-Yo.
- Neutral aerial - Goemon does a double swipe of the pipe, first in front then behind. The first hit can bring the target into the second hit, provided the enemy is positioned properly. Minimal starting lag makes this a useful move out of a short hop.
- Forward aerial – Goemon thrusts his pipe several times in-front of him.
- Back aerial - Goemon takes out his pet tiger Kotora and makes him bite behind him. Hits multiple times and has great horizontal reach with a large hitbox.
- Up aerial – Goemon spins in a drill upwards. Goemon's body is surrounded by blue fiery lines. Inflicts 11% if all hits connect.
- Down aerial - A stall-then-fall aerial. Goemon shoots downward foot-first. His foot is surrounded by a blue fiery effect. It can meteor smash.
Grabs and Throws
- Grab: Goemon snatches the opponent using his Chain Pipe. Can be used as a tether recovery similar to Link's Clawshot and Samus' Grapple Beam.
- Pummel: Goemon backhand-slaps the opponent with his another hand.
- Forward Throw - Goemon kicks the opponent diagonally upwards, using a straight-up kick.
- Back Throw - Goemon back-flips the opponent backwards.
- Up Throw - Goemon punches the opponent upwards with an uppercut.
- Down Throw - Goemon throws the opponent down to the ground, flips, and axe-kicks the opponent's midsection, sending them upwards and forward slightly. It hits twice.
- Grab Aerial: Goemon fires his Chain Pipe forward, scoring two hits. Has no landing lag at all. Can be used as a tether recovery. Very useful for spacing and stopping approaches against taller characters.
- Neutral Special - Ryo/Coin Toss: Goemon throws a coin at the opponent. (Can hold the button to make Goemon glow and release to make stronger attacks called the Flame Ryo/Burning Coin). If the control stick is tilted up during the charge, Goemon will throw them above his head. If Goemon is running while he is glowing, he is holding the Flame Coin and then release the button. Goemon will get a slight speed boost and lunges, hitting the opponent with it in-which the coin explodes into fire, pushing the opponent (who is trapped in the circle of fire and being hit multiple times) backwards.
- Custom 1 - Triple Ryo/Coin Toss: Goemon throws three coins at the opponent instead of one, dealing triple damage.
- Custom 2 - Fire Bomb: Goemon immediately throws a bomb which explodes on-contact and gives the opponent fire-based damage.
- Side Special - Fireball: Goemon blows into the pipe which spits out blue fireballs and smoke. If the button is held, Goemon will glow and charge up for 2 and a half seconds. When fully charged, he will blow a bigger fireball which hits multiple times.
- Custom 1 - Flamethrower: Goemon will blow a blue flamethrower. If the control stick is held up or down during the charge, Goemon will blow the flamethrower diagonally upwards or downwards.
- Custom 2 - Yo-Yo: Goemon pulls out his long Yo-Yo and whips it around. When Goemon pulls out the Yo-Yo, the player has full analog control over it. The player can whip it in all directions - above and even behind Goemon's head. When the opponent makes contact with the string of the Yo-Yo, they are slightly damaged. However, when the opponent makes contact with the Yo-Yo itself, they are given a small electric shock.
- Up Special - Flying Judo: Goemon wears a dark red cape, jumps up into the air a fair distance and then is able to float/glide in the air.
- Custom 1 - Spinning Pipe Jump: When the button is held, Goemon will charge up an uppercut involving his pipe (can be charged in the air as well). When released, Goemon will jump and spins once while he repeatedly spins his pipe like a helicopter. He jumps diagonally upwards with equal horizontal and vertical range (the longer the charge, the more range he gets). He strikes the opponent, hitting multiple times for up to about 12% damage. The last hit of the attack deals a little knockback, but it can Star KO opponents if used near the upper blast line.
- Custom 2 - Mystical Escape: This is an extremely flashy move. Goemon uses his ninjutsu to move incredibly fast and vanishes to appear in the desired location. If the "A" button is pressed or the "B" button is held, he will perform a sliding kick.
- Down Special - Sudden Impact: Goemon transforms into his super form, having yellow spiky hair on his head. This temporary transformation makes Goemon move faster and his attacks stronger but his recovery is nerfed making it harder for him to recover. After 8 seconds, Goemon will change back to his normal form.
- Custom 1 - Lightning Judo: Goemon creates multiple sparks of lightning around himself, protecting himself from opponents.
- Custom 2 - Mystic Clone Judo: Goemon creates three copies of himself that can move and use attacks in sync with Goemon. If the clones get damaged, they disappear completely.
- Final Smash - Goemon Impact: Goemon blows in the Triton's Shell to summon Impact, then they go in to the foreground and fight their opponents (the camera switches to 1st person view and you can see the inside of Impact's head). Impact can (with the "A" button) punch, kick (three punches and then the kick), (repeatedly pressing the "B" button) shoot red bullets, and has two super moves, the rapid punching (the "A" button must be pressed repeatedly, and the Impact Laser (the "B" button must be held and then released). However using either super move will cancel the Final Smash.
- Default/Red: Red suit
- Blue: Blue suit; (Ebisumaru)
- Green: Green suit (Sasuke)
- Purple: Purple suit; (Yae)
- Grey: Grey suit; (Wiseman)
- Yellow: Yellow suit (Kakarot)
- Side Taunt: Goemon spins his pipe around.
- Up Taunt: Goemon blows in his pipe.
- Down Taunt: Goemon skips while tossing coins. The coins hurt characters with a meteor smash (similar to Luigi and Snake's taunts).
Entrance, Victory, Loss, and Other Animations
Goemon rides into the stage on his pet tiger Kotora, jumps off and Kotora runs forward, vanishing into sparkles.
- Victory Animation #1: Goemon stretches his arms out and then rotates his neck in a circle while looking angry.
- Victory Animation #2: Goemon blows in his pipe and then looks amused.
- Victory Animation #3: Goemon turns into his super form and holds a coin and his pipe in the other hand.
Victory Theme: Victory Music - Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KUj1dIavLg)
- Goemon claps to the winner.
- Goemon puts his arms on his hips and taps his foot on the ground while looking angry.
- Goemon puts his hands together, then bows.
Rock on Goemon! Rock on Goemon!
Boxing Ring Alias
The Mystical Ninja
Snake: Who is this guy? He reminds me of those paintings at that Japanese restaurant...
Mei Ling: That's Goemon, Snake.
Mei Ling: Maybe you know him as Kid Ying?
Snake: Doesn't ring a bell.
Mei Ling: Mr. Goemon?
SNAKE: Putting a "Mr." in font of his name won't make me remember someone.
Mei Ling: Oh fine, Goemon is a ninja Snake, he might not look like it but he is actually a sort of Robin Hood figure. stealing from the rich and giving to the poor you know that kind of thing.
Snake: What a nice guy.
Mei Ling: He is known to have a bit of a temper and likes to bash people with his pipe so be careful.
- Kirby gains Goemon's hair. He can use his Neutral Special Ryo/Coin Toss.