Dixie Kong's here. Some believed that she should just be an alternate costume for Diddy Kong, but that would make Diddy a cross dresser and if there's anything weirder than monkey wearing clothing, it's a male monkey wearing woman's clothing. A couple of Dixie's moves might be slightly inaccurate but they were the best I could think of.
How to Unlock
- Play 580 standard matches
- Using Diddy Kong, clear Classic mode on the Normal difficulty setting or higher with no continues
Note:You must defeat Dixie Kong in a standard match after 1 of the above requirements is met in order to unlock her.
- Get Dixie Kong to join your party in "Tabuu's Revenge:Space-Time Chaos" (to do this, find and collect the large Dixie Kong trophy)
- Pony tail is used for normal attacks, grabs, tether recoveries and as a rotor for her aerial jump
- Can Crawl
- Can Wall Jump
- Can Wall Cling
- Neutral Special Move:Feather Crossbow
Description:Similar to Diddy's Peanut Popgun except that when the crossbow is overcharged, instead of backfiring, the cord snaps, the effect is the same though. This was used by her sister Tiny in Donkey Kong 64.
- Side Special Move:Monkey Flip
- Up Special Move:Rocketbarrel Boost
Description:Same as Diddy's. She was in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, so that influenced my decision.
- Down Special Move:Banana Peel
- Final Smash:Rocketbarrel Barrage
Description:To the best of my knowledge, she has never used this ability in the Donkey Kong games. I just used the same dynamic of combing her Neutral Special and Up Special Moves like Diddy. It's just like Diddy's except that it fires feathers instead of peanuts.
Snake Codec Message
Snake:"Huh... That monkey with a dress..."
Colonel:"That's Dixie Kong, Snake. She's Diddy Kong's girlfriend. She may be small, but she's a fierce fighter."
Snake:"Oh, come on. She's just a little monkey girl, how bad can she be?"
Colonel:"Her sister, Tiny, taught her how to use the feather crossbow. And Diddy taught her how to use the rockeybarrels. That pony tail of hers can act like a another hand, and can even bludgeon opponents. In additon to her speed and agility, those other traits make her very tough to beat."
Snake:"I seriously doubt it, but thanks for the tip."
Fighting against Dixie Kong
If you stay away from Dixie, you give her the power to charge up her Feather Crossbow. Too close and you're at risk from her powerful pony tail. The best strategy is to use the "Smash-n-Dash". Otherwise, just keep hammering her with quick standard attacks and using throws.