|Debut||Street Fighter II|
|Console of origin||Arcade|
|Voice actor|| Laura Bailey (English)|
Fumiko Orikasa (Japanese)
Chun-Li (Japanese: チュンリー Chun Rii) is a major protagonist of the Street Fighter series, and the first female fighter to be playable in the series. In her debut title, Street Fighter II, Chun-Li was the youngest fighter and the only one to be female. While not the strongest of the playable characters, she was extremely nimble and much quicker than the other fighters.
Chun-Li became interested in martial arts when she saw her first classical Chinese play "Peking Opera" at age of five. Later in life, she went on to learn Tai Chi, but became bored when the movements were not similar to the ones she saw in Peking Opera. In response to this, her father began to teach her Hong Quan, but her fighting style later evolved to include techniques fro Capoeira, Chinese Martial arts, battle karate, Tae Kwon Do, and the two styles she learned at a young age.
- Neutral: Hyakuretsukyaku: Chun-Li performs a flurry of kicks. Held: Chun-Li performs her classic roundhouse kick.
- Forward: Kikoaken/Tenkukyaku: Chun-Li performs a palm smash. Held: Chun-Li performs a backward-facing split kick to the opponent's jaw.
- Up: Chun-Li performs her signatue "anti-air" up kick attack. Held: Hits twice. Chun-Li kicks up then drops her leg down.
- Down: Chun-Li does a split attacking forward with a chop. HIts both sides as her leg behind her has a hitbox. Combos into itself very well. Held: Chun-Li does her signature "arm balance forward kick" that can trip opponents and has high hitstun.
- Dash Attack: Chun-Li shifts forward pushing both hands forward.
- Forward Smash: Chun-Li performs a strong and fast kick.
- Up Smash: Chun-Li performs a graceful Flip Kick attack.
- Down Smash: Chun-Li holds herself up with one hand and performs a jab-like kick.
- Air: Chun-Li does a split kick in the air that hits both sides.
- Forward Air: Chun-Li chops one hand forward in a somewhat downwards arc. Can initiate a weak meteor smash.
- Back Air: Chun-Li closes her hands and chops behind herself. Good KO power.
- Up Air: Chun-Li folds her legs and kicks one upwards. Good KO power.
- Down Air: Yosokyaku: Chun-Li performs her Yosokyaku attack which involves stepping on the opponent repeatedly.
- Grab Pummel: Chun-Li grabs the opponent with both hands, then she knees them.
- Forward Throw: Koshu-To: Chun-Li performs her Koshu-To throw from Street Fighter IV which involves her taking the opponent towards her then throwing them forward gracefully.
- Back Throw: Kirin Shu: Chun-Li performs her Kirin Shu throw from Street Fighter IV which involves her uppercut the opponent lightly then elbowing them behind her and kicking them.
- Up Throw: Ryusei Raku: Based on her Ryusei Raku throw from Street Fighter IV which involves Chun-Li throwing her opponent up, jumping after then throwing them back down.
- Down Throw: Chun-Li simply slams the opponent down gracefully.
- Floor (Back): Gets up doing a spin kick.
- Floor (Front): Gets up doing a spin kick.
- Floor (Trip): Gets up doing a spin kick.
- Edge (<100%): Gets up attacking with leg.
- Edge (100%+): Gets up attacking with leg.
- Neutral Special: Kikoken: Chun-Li quickly charges and releases a blue projectile which deals low damage and knockback. There are 3 variants. The first is simply just a tapping of the "B". The second is the main stick charge back then forward plus attack button input which is a slightly stronger. The third is a main stick charge back then semi circle forward plus attack input resulting in a larger, more detailed, and stronger Kikoken.
- Side Special: Spinning Bird Kick: Chun-Li flips upside down in the air while rotating her legs and moving forward. There are 3 variants. The first is simply just a tapping of the "B". The second is the main stick charge down then up plus attack button input which is a slightly stronger. The third is a main stick charge down then semi circle upwards plus attack input resulting in an in place which traps opponents.
- Up Special: Tenshokyaku: Chun-Li kicks upward with a flurry of kicks. There are 2 variants. The first is simply just a tapping of the "B". The second is a main stick right-down to left-down then arc to up-right input plus the attack or special button.
- Down Special: Hazanshu: Chun-Li performs her Hazanshu attack which involves her flipping and dropping a leg down. Very, very powerful.
- Final Smash: Kikosho/Houyoku Sen-Hosenka: Just like Ryu's, the final smash performed depends on the distance Chun-Li is from her opponent.
At close range, Kikosho involves Chun-Li trapping her opponent in an animation that involves her charging an aura then release a large energy ball with both hands that grows larger and larger before exploding sending the opponent and anyone trapped in the radius flying.
Houyoku Sen-Hosenka involves Chun-Li dashing forward the attacking the opponent with a flurry of kicks followed by an upwards kick topped of with a rising windbox guided Spinning Bird Kick-like attack.